NexGen FOIA Tech Showcase Set for February
Are you interested in showcasing your company’s FOIA technology to an audience of FOIA professionals? The Chief FOIA Officers (CFO) Council’s Technology Committee, in conjunction with The Office of Information Services (OGIS) at the National Archives and Records Administration and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of Information Policy (OIP), will host just such an event for federal agencies in February 2022 called the NexGen FOIA Tech Showcase. If you are interested in showcasing your company’s FOIA tools, check out the Request for Information (RFI) published on SAM.gov. Initial submissions are due by November 23rd!
The purpose of this event–the first of its kind–is to identify FOIA technology solutions for federal agencies in response to existing FOIA case processing challenges raised through the Technology Committee’s research. Additionally, the event is intended to help federal agencies better understand the promise of artificial intelligence and advanced/emerging technology for case processing.
On the first day of the showcase, FOIA practitioners and industry partners will share issues, insights, and explore potential solutions in the following areas:
- eDiscovery/electronic record search tools
- Case processing tools (including the collection of records to review for redaction and posting accessible 508 compliant releases)
- Redaction tools (including tools that allow for automatic redaction of similar forms and record types including paper, digital content, videos, data, etc.)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that may assist with FOIA case processing.
On the second day, attendees will discuss how these tools can improve agency FOIA programs in the following ways:
- The future of FOIA
- Improved public FOIA reading rooms/websites
- Improving the FOIA customer experience
See you at the NexGen FOIA Tech Showcase in February!