Watch video of the event via YouTube!
Updated Final Agenda
1:00: Welcome by the Archivist of the United States
1:10: A Dialogue about Access to the Nation’s Treasures
- David Ferriero, Archivist of the United States
- Carla Hayden, Librarian of Congress
2:00: FOIA After 50
- Tom Blanton, Director, National Security Archive
- Ralph Nader, Consumer Advocate and Author
- Lucy Dalglish, Dean, University of Maryland College of Journalism
- Thomas M. Susman, Director of Governmental Affairs for the American Bar Association and Founding President of the D.C. Open Government Coalition (Moderator)
3:15: Recorded Remarks
- Chairman Jason Chaffetz, House Oversight and Government Reform Committee
- Ranking Member Elijah Cummings, House Oversight and Government Reform Committee
3:30: Government at Your Fingertips
- Seamus Kraft, Executive Director, OpenGov Foundation
- Adam Marshall, Knight Litigation Attorney, Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- Michael Morisy, Co-Founder, MuckRock
- Pam Wright, Chief Innovation Officer, National Archives
- Miriam Nisbet, former Director of the Office of Government Information Services (Moderator)
16 thoughts on “[UPDATED] Sunshine Week 2017 at the National Archives!”
Any chance this will be live streamed?
Yes! The event will be available via the National Archives’ YouTube channel. We update our post to note the livestream option, and will be sure to put the event link on this page prior to the event.
I would appreciate a copy of the transcripts for the sunshine lectures/presentations.
Thank you Dail Doucette daildd@comcast/net
The event will be live-streamed on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CzcBuE4S20. We will be sure to share video of the event afterwards as well.
Do you have the livestream link yet?
The livestream will be here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CzcBuE4S20
We are going to add it to the blog post shortly.
Thanks for your interest!
Will a recording of this be posted after the livestream concludes? Thanks!
The video is available here: https://youtu.be/5CzcBuE4S20
Comments are closed.