Are you looking for a unique training opportunity for your agency’s FOIA staff, one that will improve communications within your FOIA program and with FOIA requesters? If so, now is a great time to schedule 2019 Dispute Resolution Training for FOIA Professionals for your agency.
OGIS offers our training program twice yearly to any interested FOIA professional, and those sessions fill up as quickly as they are announced. Additionally, we offer training sessions to individual agencies as our schedule allows. This free, daylong training session helps FOIA professionals develop valuable communication skills for preventing and resolving FOIA disputes. Attendees also learn strategies for working with difficult people and ways to collaborate with OGIS to resolve FOIA disputes that seem intractable. These skills and strategies help attendees improve their interactions with FOIA requesters as well as colleagues within their agencies.
But don’t take our word for it—here is what previous attendees have to say:
- “It will be applied to my daily work.”
- “I will deal with requesters in a more patient manner.”
- “This information will be very useful when communicating with requesters and narrowing the scope of voluminous requests.”
- “I’ll try to pick up the phone more often to call requesters.”
- “I’ll be more empathetic to those caught in the middle of FOIAs.”
If you are interested in providing OGIS training for your FOIA staff, we would love to hear from you. We ask agencies to provide a minimum of 15 participants (and we can train up to 25 at a time). To schedule a training session in Fiscal Year 2019, please contact us.