Are you looking for a unique training opportunity for your agency’s FOIA staff, one that will improve communications within your FOIA program and with FOIA requesters? If so, now is a great time to schedule 2020 Dispute Resolution Training for FOIA Professionals for your agency.
OGIS offers training sessions to individual agencies as our schedule allows. This free, daylong training session helps FOIA professionals develop valuable communication skills for preventing and resolving FOIA disputes. Attendees also learn strategies for working with difficult people and ways to collaborate with OGIS to resolve FOIA disputes that seem intractable. These skills and strategies help attendees improve their interactions with FOIA requesters as well as colleagues within their agencies.
But don’t take our word for it—here is what previous attendees have to say:
- “I will use the tools learned to help communicate with requesters.”
- “[these skills will] help me get a requester’s FOIA ‘interests’ with an open mind.”
- “This information will be very useful when communicating with requesters and narrowing the scope of voluminous requests.”
- “I will use the mediation tips to better understand where both sides are coming from.”
- “I will have better collaboration with colleagues that attended the training.”
If you are interested in providing OGIS training for your FOIA staff, we would love to hear from you. We ask agencies to provide a minimum of 15 participants (and we can train up to 25 at a time). To schedule a training session in Fiscal Year 2020, please contact Carrie McGuire.