If you or someone you know have a passion for FOIA and a commitment to improving the FOIA process, please consider submitting a nomination for the 2022-2024 term of the federal FOIA Advisory Committee.
We are looking for a wide range of FOIA experts from both inside and outside of government. We seek, at a minimum:
- three representatives from Cabinet-level departments;
- three representatives from non-Cabinet agencies;
- two representatives of organizations that advocate on FOIA matters;
- three individuals representing the interests of FOIA requesters who qualify for each of the three FOIA requester fee categories
- “news media,” and
- “all other;”
- one individual representing the interests of historians and history-related organizations; and
- one individual representing the interests of academia.
Committee members are expected to attend a minimum of eight virtual public meetings during the two-year Committee term as well as volunteer for one or more working subcommittees.
We must receive nominations no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on Thursday, June 30, 2022. To submit a nomination, please provide your/the nominee’s name, title, phone number and email address, and the role for which you wish you/the nominee to be considered. For both self-nominations and nominations by other individuals, please provide a short biography about the nominee (fewer than 250 words) summarizing their resumé or otherwise highlighting the contributions the nominee would bring to the Committee; and the nominee’s resumé or curriculum vitae. Nominations should be sent to email@example.com.
The Acting Archivist of the United States will review the nominations and appoint members this summer prior to the first meeting of the new term on September 8, 2022.
You must be logged in to post a comment.